- Blaine County School District
- Hailey, ID
- (208) 578-5000
- CATEGORY: Secretary
TITLE: Community Campus Coordinator PAY GRADE: Classified Salary Schedule FLSA: Non-Exempt SUPERVISOR: Finance Director TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 246 days per year. Works on-site according to designated schedule.
SUMMARY: District liaison facilitating management, scheduling, oversight of the Community Campus building (CCB), scheduling after hours and summer use of District facilities and sports fields. Oversees relationship with CCB partners and community partners including establishment and/or maintaining of contracts and MOU's.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Proficient secretarial, computer, and bookkeeping experience required. Must possess strong organizational, problem solving, and computer application skills along with attention to detail and flexibility. Spanish language skills or bilingualism preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Serves as the first point of contact to greet, welcome, and actively engage with staff, building tenants, patrons, and the public.
- Provides clear information and directions in a friendly manner. Responds to inquiries and relays information to the staff and public in a positive and proficient manner. Maintains professionalism and confidentiality.
- Utilizes good listening and communication skills; follows through on all necessary tasks until the work is completed.
- Operates independently and with minimal supervision.
- Establishes, documents and maintains memoranda of understanding (MOU) and contracts with community partners and field and facility users.
- Schedules all shared-use space within the facility. Communicates information for simultaneous multiple events, meetings, and programs to all interested parties. Responds in a timely fashion to email inquiries for building and facility use. Schedules after-hours and summer use of District facilities and sports fields.
- Insures facility public use rooms are set-up appropriately, including, but not limited to, audio/video technology, seating arrangement, and securing additional rooms for breaks, etc., for scheduled users.
- Oversees daily student youth population utilizing the facility.
- Oversees building use for single and multiple events during evenings and on weekends as necessary.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities when emergencies arise as assigned.
- Interfaces with department directors and staff, i.e., Buildings and Grounds, Custodial and Technology in order to facilitate inspections, needs assessments, and other processes for the Campus and its users.
- Facilitates and schedules Community Campus partner meetings. Maintains minutes and distributes to Community Campus partners; calls for and facilitates strategic planning and budget processes relating to the current and future vision for the CCB.
- Maintains public displays of information; monitors for appropriate and updated content. Posts public notices as directed by the District Office.
- Performs various clerical duties including filing, computer data entry, compiling reports, preparing invoices, and correspondence. Answers telephone, responds to routine questions via email, phone, and routes calls and forwards emails to appropriate person(s).
- Develops and maintains the Community Campus public-facing calendars, website and social media outlets.
- Coordinates work orders for repairs to the building; ensures facility is in excellent working condition.
- Acts as the liaison for the District as needed with emergency preparedness agencies.
- Operates, audits and reviews surveillance cameras in the facility per District authorization.
- Monitors the safety and security of students, tenants and general public; anticipating and reporting sensitive situations to Superintendent or appropriate school officials.
- Trains and prepares partner organizations and staff to respond to emergencies; conducts, coordinates and documents all scheduled emergency drills for the Fox Acres Campus.
- Operates the facility fire and security systems.
- Records, invoices, and documents all public use of the Community Campus.
- Maintains records of users, payments, and communicates information to the Finance Department.
- Interfaces and coordinates with multiple departments, fulfilling requests from the District, tenants, and the general public.
- Operates and oversees sound, lighting, and projection systems in the theater as needed. Coordinates training for use of the theater's sound and light equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of office management systems and procedures. Knowledge of software platforms, specifically Gmail, Microsoft Word, Google, Google Docs, Google Sheets. Knowledge of problem-solving techniques. Skill in communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Skill in managing variable facility schedules and events. Skill in prioritizing tasks and maintaining an organized workspace. Ability to work in a professional and friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with staff, tenants, patrons, and the public. Ability to review and make changes to day-to-day operations. Ability to read and interpret complex documents. Ability to effectively disseminate information to a variety of audiences. Ability to operate various office equipment efficiently; ability to maintain self-motivation and a positive attitude; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; ability to solve practical problems and deal with many variables; and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all District requirements, Board of Education policies, and applicable laws.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 35% sitting, 30% walking, and 35% standing. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, and at times loud. The employee frequently interacts with students and staff.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Blaine County School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.