BUS DRIVERS/ACTIVITY DRIVERS
- Fremont School District
- St. Anthony, ID
- (208) 624-7542
- CATEGORY: Support Staff
- CATEGORY: Transportation
You can make a difference!
School bus drivers are among the most influential adults in a child’s life. If you want to make a positive change in the rising generation, become a school bus driver today!
Drivers are needed for driving regular routes, substitute driving, and activity trip driving.
Prospective school bus drivers must:
- Possess or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License, Class B or higher with Passenger and School Bus endorsements, and Air Brake restriction removed (in-house training provided)
- Possess or be able to obtain a Department of Transportation Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Be able to pass Federal criminal background checks and pre-employment and random drug/alcohol testing
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record free of major violations
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth in Idaho Code, Standards for Idaho School Buses and Operations, district policy, and all other authoritative sources pertaining to school bus operations
Driver responsibilities include:
- Inspecting, operating, and performing basic maintenance procedures (such as cleaning) on a school bus
- Supervising children and enforcing bus rules while operating a school bus
- Ensuring children are safely and efficiently transported to their intended destinations
- Acting as a positive example to school children
Our goal throughout the district is to provide students with the ideal environment for learning and developing into productive members of society. School bus drivers are integral to meeting this goal.
If you’re interested (or know someone who might be), please contact Misty Wocelka at (208) 624-2502 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fremont School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.