Business Tech Instructor (2020/2021 school year)
- American Heritage Charter School
- Idaho Falls, ID
American Heritage Charter School seeks a positive, team-oriented business teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Located on the west side of Idaho Falls, American Heritage offers a free, rigorous and patriotic education in a friendly, small, and rural school setting.
Our mission is to create educated and patriotic leaders. Our students adhere to a strict code of conduct that includes a dress code. Our teachers use the Core Knowledge Curriculum, Math in Focus, and Shurley English to give our students a broad and well-rounded education. In addition, our students study a unique American Heritage curriculum that teaches character through Cowboy Ethics and Great Expectations and encourages good citizenship through patriotic service.
Visit www.AmericanHeritageCharterSchool.com to learn more, or stop by to visit us at 35th West and 17th South in Idaho Falls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a fully credited university or college.
- Valid Idaho Teaching Certificate endorsed for appropriate levels and subjects.
- Verification of Highly Qualified status, as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement a program of study that aligns with District and Idaho Core state standards and meets the individual needs, interest, and abilities of students assigned for instruction.
- Completes all district and state assessment mandates using the data provided to drive instruction.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning.
- Designs lesson plans.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Employs instructional methods and district-adopted materials that are most appropriate to the teaching assignment.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative protocols.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and parents on a regular basis.
- Develops reasonable rules for classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Accepts reasonable student supervision assignments that are necessary for the safe management of the school.
- Provides a substitute teacher with lesson plans or complete directions to carry on the educational program when the teacher is absent.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as requested.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. In addition, interview preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Heritage Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.