CERTIFIED HIGH SCHOOL COUNSELOR
- Wilder, ID
- CATEGORY: Student Services
- CATEGORY: School/Guidance Counselor
Canyon-Owyhee School Service Agency is looking for a highly skilled high school guidance counselor for the alternative school - COSSA Academy.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- schedules and scheduling (see Registrar’s duties for details).
- creating 4-, 6-, and 8-year plans.
- preventive and responsive counseling services
- Summer School counseling.
- National Clearinghouse data management.
- enrolling new students in Powerschool and ISEE.
- Guide individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans.
- Counsel with individuals and small groups of students with problems.
- Consult and communicate with teachers, parents, and staff regarding needs of high school students.
- Support students, teachers, and parents in academic achievement and planning.
- Connect and refer students to appropriate resources and opportunities.
- Participate in and plan activities which contribute to the effective operation of the school, including annual events such as the “Teens and Risky Behavior Symposium”, Reality Town Simulation, and Career Fair.
- Plan and evaluate the counseling program.
- Provide academic and personal/social intervention for students.
- Event planning and coordination to provide programming for all COSSA consortium schools.
- Testing Coordinator and Administrator (COMPASS, ASVAB, ISAT, SBAC, SAT). Coordinate with consortium schools the use of Idaho’s Advanced Opportunity student funds, especially to pay for industry certification.
- Tech Prep Coordinator (school side).
- Class Advisor (as assigned)
Equal Opportunity Employer
COSSA is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.