- LEWISTON INDEPENDENT DISTRICT
- Lewiston, ID
- (208) 748-3042
- CATEGORY: Classroom Teacher
- CATEGORY: Elementary
Elementary Teacher - General Position Announcement
Important Notice: This is a “generic” posting for inclusion in the Elementary Teacher applicant pool. Applicants who apply for this position will be considered for vacant positions as they become open.
Position Title: Elementary Teacher
Location: Various Locations Lewiston Independent School District No. 1
Additional Information: Salary depends upon experience and includes a competitive benefit package. For more information about our benefit plan, see http://www.lewistonschools.net/departments/businessoffice/benefits.html.
Application Process: To apply, please visit www.lewistonschools.net. Questions about the application process may be directed to: Human Resources at 208-748-3000 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Requirements - Qualifications:
• Applicant must hold or be eligible to hold an Idaho Standard Elementary Certification endorsed for All Subjects K-8. . • Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check.
• Submit all requested application materials as specified within the online application for this position. Individual transcripts for each college or university you attended should be included. An unofficial copy of your transcripts may be used temporarily, but if hired, you will be required to provide official transcripts for education to date.
• A copy of your current certification is required unless you have just graduated. If you have just graduated and do not have your teaching credential, please attach a statement in place of the teaching credential indicating 1) when you anticipate receiving your Idaho State Credential and 2) applicable endorsements.
• Questions regarding an applicant’s eligibility to hold an Idaho Standard Elementary Certification may be directed to Teacher Certification at the Idaho State Department of Education at (208) 332-6882 or by visiting their website at: http://www.sde.idaho.gov/site/teacher_certification/.
• If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, an e-mail will be sent to you with Veteran’s Preference attached and a request that you complete the form and return to Human Resources.
The Independent School District is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination laws, the District prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Additionally, the District will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam-era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices. If you are claiming Veteran’s Preference, an e-mail will be sent to you with Veteran’s Preference attached and a request that you complete the form and return to Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LEWISTON INDEPENDENT DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.