Food Technician - Substitute - 2019-2020 Hiring Pool
- Meridian Medical Arts Charter
- Meridian, ID
- CATEGORY: Support Staff
- CATEGORY: Food Service
PURPOSE Prepares and serves food and performs cashiering functions to students and teachers in a school environment; performs related work as required. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES This is a food service support position with the primary function to provide general preparation, serving, cashiering and clean-up support to assist other food service staff. Duties may include baking, food preparation, serving, cashiering and clean-up; following health and safety guidelines; working within District and department specific processes and procedures. The work is performed under the supervision of the Kitchen Manager. The primary duties of this class are performed in a kitchen and cafeteria environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Performs cashiering duties including entering customer transactions, handling cash, balancing cash drawer;
- Prepares food within an established system following standardized recipes, preparation and serving methods to ensure customer acceptance;
- Prepares and serves food items using required tools such as knives, spoons, dippers;
- Operates standard and specialized kitchen equipment such as mixer, slicer, dishwasher, oven, and related equipment;
- Maintains required forms and records as assigned;
- Attends approved training classes;
- Follows defined standards of sanitation for personnel, food preparation and kitchen equipment;
- Understands the accepted procedures for operating, cleaning and caring for each major piece of equipment;
- Follows established procedures for service and distribution of meals;
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with District policies, procedures and safety practices.
- Cleans kitchen and related areas;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Operation of standard and specialized kitchen equipment;
- Health and safety procedures relating to food preparation and sanitation;
- Operation of a cash machine and office computer.
- Basic math, accounting and record keeping.
- Follow written and oral instructions;
- Operate a variety of standard kitchen equipment and tools;
- Maintain effective working relationships with other school employees, supervisory personnel, and the students;
- Operate a cash machine appropriate to assigned duties;
- Communicate effectively;
- Perform accounting and mathematical functions;
- Apply first aid as needed;
- Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions;
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner;
- Maintain office, school, and individual confidentiality.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively on the telephone and in person;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and prepare food according to safety and sanitation requirements;
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate a cash machine and other kitchen equipment and tools;
- Sufficient personal mobility, agility, strength and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work on their feet for an extended period of time, lift or move up to 35 pounds and work in a kitchen environment.
- If you are chosen for this position your employment with the District would be "at will". Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.
- As per Idaho Code 65-5-1/65-503: "Eligible veterans are provided advantages in public employment in Idaho…"
Equal Opportunity Employer
Meridian Medical Arts Charter is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.