Job Summary Keeps the district's school buildings and grounds in such a state of operating excellence that they present no problems or interruptions to the educational program. Maintains grounds, playgrounds, and athletic fields.
Essential Duties Acts ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment. Cleans and preserves School buildings and grounds by conducting an ongoing process of general maintenance, upkeep and repair. Report immediately to the principal and damage to school property. Keeps on hand an adequate inventory of supplies. Maintain sidewalks and grounds as to provide the best environment for the educational process. (snow and ice removal, trash pickup) Keeps custodial records up to date. Plans and administers ongoing maintenance of floors and carpets. Assist staff with moving of furniture and other tasks. Responsible for the opening of buildings and securing of district property. Responsible for maintenance, construction, painting, graffiti removal, changing of light bulbs, etc. Maintains department records and communication on computer system. Maintains a friendly and helpful atmosphere in the district. Ensures all student playgrounds, facilities and equipment is clean and safe. Assist in creating a visually appealing school facility. Mows, fertilizes, applies herbicides, irrigates, prunes, and weeds grounds areas. Operates machinery including but not limited to riding mower, power weed and brush cutter, and walk behind power lawn mower. Attends training seminars as necessary. Assists visiting public utilizing the facilities with directions within building and in obtaining and setting up needed equipment. Maintains building and grounds security in the building each school day. Performs other tasks as assigned by the Superintendent. Possesses ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
Applications will be accepted as follows: - by email: email@example.com - by fax: (208) 453-1027 - by mail: Notus School District 135 Attn: Michelle Mathews 25257 Notus Road Caldwell, ID 83607 - or, drop by the District Office. Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am until 4:30 pm.
- High school diploma
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, students, and other employees of the district
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a friendly manner and to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies, and applicable laws.
- See complete job description
- Salary based on experience
- Six-month probationary period.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notus School District 135 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.