High School Math Teacher
- American Falls School District
- American Falls, ID
- CATEGORY: Math: General
TITLE: Mathematics Teacher QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Standard Certificate for the State of Idaho with Endorsement
2. B.S. or B.A. Degree 3. Such alternatives to the above qualification as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To help each pupil develop competence in basic mathematical skills and an understanding of the structure of mathematics; to motivate each pupil to apply mathematical understanding and skills in the solution of practical problems; to encourage pupils to develop their special talents in the field of mathematics.
- Teaches courses in mathematics to secondary pupils utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and appropriate curriculum publications as guidelines in teaching individual course content.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in State law and administrative regulations and procedures of the School District.
- Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aids stressing “discovery” and laboratory learning methods.
- Demonstrates mathematical concepts using models, chalkboard overhead projector, and other standard or teacher-prepared instructional aids.
- Provides opportunities when needed for individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Designs learning activities that will relate mathematics to the physical world.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Evaluates each pupil’s progress in mathematical knowledge and skills.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional aids, and instructional supplies; maintains required inventory records.
- Communicates with parents to interpret contemporary methods in teaching mathematics and with parents and school counselors to discuss the individual pupil’s progress.
- Identifies pupil needs, and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Share in the sponsorship of student activities such as mathematic teams, and participates in faculty committees.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the District, and/or in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with District guidelines.
- Bachelors Degree with endorsement in Secondary Math or equivalent
- List can be provided upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.