• High school diploma or General Education Degree
• Previous secretarial experience to include: Knowledgeable about word processing, data bases, spread sheets, and reports as determined by the Board
• Demonstrated proficiency in data processing and use of automated office equipment and software packages.
• Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
• Demonstrated knowledge of admissions, enrollment, and student records for an educational organization.
• Knowledge of student retention issues.
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated • Able to work under pressure and deadlines • Maintain confidentiality of staff and students. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: To assist the principal and staff in the efficient operation of the school so a maximum positive impact can be made on the education of secondary school students. To carry out all secretarial and clerical duties necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the office. To provide information about the school leading to the enrollment of students and maintenance of student records. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Receive and route incoming calls and correspondence • Assist, log in, and direct visitors to the school • Meet with newly enrolled students and parents in person to review forms and explain the enrollment and planning process • Register students and set up permanent records entering student demographics and all other needed information • Assist with the collection of all paperwork by responding to specific questions during the form completion process, and follow up on missing forms until file is complete • Review, compile, and update student credentials needed for admissions status, and monitor progress of applicants • Coordinate the preparation and distribution of school publications pertaining to admissions and enrollment • Assist in all admissions’ special events such as open house, career day, orientations, and high school tours, as assigned • Respond to requests for public information about the district's admissions and enrollment policies and programs • Speak at public meetings and with groups of students and teachers on matters related to the district's admissions programs and policies as requested by the administrator. • Schedule appointments and conferences as requested by teachers/administrator. • Arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and handle follow up activities as necessary In the absence of a school nurse, administer medications to students according to school policy Supervise students in emergency situations, attend to ill or hurt students in the absence of a school nurse, and administer basic first aid and contact parents as instructed
- High School Diploma
- No Experience
- Communication, Computer Skills, people skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Richard McKenna Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.