School Counselor - Online School
- Idaho Falls School District
- Idaho Falls, ID
- CATEGORY: Pupil Personnel
TITLE: School Counselor
- Valid Idaho Pupil Personnel Services with a Standard Counselor endorsement.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator.
To support the delivery of School District 91’s written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement. To help students overcome problems that impede learning and to assist them in making educational, occupational, and life plans that hold promise for their personal fulfillment as mature and responsible men and women.
- Guides individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans.
- Counsels with individuals and small groups of students with problems.
- Consults with ancillary personnel, teachers, staff, and parents regarding the developmental needs of students.
- Refers students with problems to appropriate resources as needed.
- Coordinates the scheduling of students and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Provides information on the counseling and guidance services of the school to staff, students, parents, and the community.
- Coordinates and administers the testing program of the district at the school. Interprets the results of these tests to students, parents, and the school staff.
- Functions as a member of the Child Study Team relative to special education student placement.
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of student permanent academic records.
- Plans and evaluates the school’s counseling program.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Participates in the responsibility for the safety and security of students and all others participating in the educational program of the school.
- Shares the responsibility with other school administrators for handling school-wide discipline matters and attendance problems.
- Participates in the supervision of student activities.
- Participates in attending and supervising school functions and activities as directed.
- Shares the responsibility to improve school climate through support of all curricular and non-curricular activities and by maintaining a positive attitude toward school and district policies.
- Develops and implements methods to help students reach their potential and to maintain high morale among staff and students.
- Participates in communication and needs of special education.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher and the Idaho Code of Ethics.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the district and budgetary constraints. Benefits will be in accordance with approved board policy. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Teacher’s Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of the negotiated master agreement and board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.