School Counselor - unique opportunity
- Cherry Gulch School
- Emmett, ID
- CATEGORY: Pupil Personnel
Cherry Gulch is a small therapeutic boarding school in Emmett, Idaho - accredited by Cognia (formerly AdvancEd). Our mission is to reinvest students in the learning process through individual, dynamic, multi-sensory education so that they can develop into independent and organized learners, problem solvers, and effective communicators. We do this through a balance of therapy and individualized classroom instruction. Our students range in age from 10-15 years old, are enrolled in grades 5-9 and present with various emotional and behavioral challenges that impact their ability to learn.
We are looking for a talented School Counselor to join our elementary school team and help grow our new 5th-6th grade, self-contained classroom. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in supporting students with social and emotional challenges within the classroom and enjoys working collaboratively with our residential, academic and clinical teams.
Sample responsibility for this unique opportunity include:
- use trauma-informed classroom management strategies to prevent behaviors that would otherwise distract from the learning environment
- Facilitate daily mood-meter check-ins, goal setting, mid-day and end of day check-ins with each student
- build and uphold daily systems and routines that will foster community, growth-mindset, curiosity, and self-confidence within each student
- co-teach alongside Special Education teacher, including whole group, small group and 1-1 instruction
- Collaborate with Special Education teacher on lesson plans to build connections with social/emotional learning and development
Equal Opportunity Employer
Cherry Gulch School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.