School Psychologist - 2021-2022
- Idaho Falls School District
- Idaho Falls, ID
- CATEGORY: Psychologist
TITLE: School Psychologist
- Valid Idaho Pupil Personnel Services Certificate with School Psychologist endorsement.
- National certification by the National School Psychology Certification Board preferred.
- Valid Idaho driver's license or the ability to travel between schools. Must have own transportation. Mileage will be reimbursed by the district.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Student Services.
To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
To promote educationally and psychologically healthy environments for all students by implementing research based, effective programs that prevent problems, enhance independence, promote optimal learning and positive mental health.
- Chairs the Evaluation Team in an effective manner to meet special education laws and regulations.
- Constructs intervention and prevention programs for students in the areas of academics, behavior, and mental health.
- Maintains professional records in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains technological proficiency. Uses the computer and other technologies with ease.
- Maintains contacts within the professional community that are of benefit to the welfare of children.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents and staff, simplifying complex issues while retaining the accuracy of the information.
- Consults with teachers and administrators concerning meeting the needs of students within the scope of school, district, state and federal regulations.
- Effectively counsels with children, parents, and staff.
- Is competent to administer a number of assessment instruments in a variety of areas to answer questions concerning the students' academic, emotional and behavioral performance.
- Supervises interns or paraprofessional staff as assigned.
- Performs professional responsibilities in accordance with best practices of the National Association of School Psychologists.
- Maintains and submits data for Medicaid billing.
- Continues professional development through a combination of association with professional organizations, reading and research.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher and the Idaho Code of Ethics.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the district and budgetary constraints. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Teacher's Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Director of Student Services in accordance with provisions of Board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.