- American Falls School District
- American Falls, ID
- CATEGORY: Secretary
**JOB GOAL: ** In order to assist the principal in the efficient operation of the school so that a maximum positive impact can be made on the education of children, the school secretary shall carry out the following performance tasks:
- Keep attendance reports as required.
- Keep permanent records.
- Prepare an inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Prepare requisitions for books and other instructional materials.
- Prepare and keep accident reports.
- Collect and receipt all monies from school activities and school lunch. Compile financial statements as required, reconciling and submitting information to the district. Prepare all deposits.
- Serve as school receptionist, meeting all parents, students, sales representatives, and the like. Attempt to encourage feelings of ease and confidence in students and parents; attempt to be positive when dealing with students, teachers and parents.
- Complete routine clerical duties including the typing of correspondence, reports, memorandums, etc. Answer telephone calls and handle other district communication.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and conferences as appropriate.
- Receive and appropriately dispense supplies and compile record of such.
- Receive daily mail and distribute to appropriate persons.
- Complete enrollment and registration procedures, including filling out enrollment forms, insurance forms, etc. Assist in the placement of students in classes.
- Supervise students in emergency situations.
- Provide for students care as necessary: i.e, care of ill or injured students as necessary, contacting parents as instructed, etc.
- Operate various office machines, such as mimeograph, duplicating and calculating. Assist teachers in preparing instructional material as directed by the principal.
- Act ethically and confidentially in all aspects of employment.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Exemplary Communication Skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, teachers, and parents
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Calendar, Sheets, Docs, etc)
- Experience with PowerSchool or other School Management software is preferred
- Any Level of Spanish Fluency is preferred
- List can be provided upon request
Equal Opportunity Employer
American Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.