Special Education Support Staff/Paraprofessional Position
- Palouse Prairie Charter School
- , ID
- CATEGORY: Paraprofessional / IA
Palouse Prairie Charter School is seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to serve as a full-time Special Education Paraprofessional for the 2020--2021 school year. The Paraprofessional will support the Special Education teacher in providing Reading, Written Language and Math instruction related to IEP goals to the special education students in grades K-8. In addition, other school duties may be assigned, as needed.
● Experience working with students in grades K-8 with exceptional needs.
● Ability to communicate in verbal and in written methods effectively and clearly.
● Computer skills necessary for managing google drives, producing google docs and spreadsheets and running basic online programs with macbooks or chromebooks. Sufficient computer knowledge to help students learn how to confidently use chromebooks in class to complete assigned classroom work.
● Physical abilities: Ability to actively observe student behavior and monitor until professional help is available. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Enough stamina to assist in classroom teaching and maintenance assistance.
● Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and have completed two years of study (a minimum of 32 credits) at an institution of higher education or have obtained an associate's degree or higher, or have evidence of passing the ParaPro Praxis test.
● Knowledge of basic reading, writing and math instructional strategies. Evidence of basic knowledge concerning learning styles and basic characteristics of special education students.
Compensation: ● $13.11-$14.46 per hour, DOE
● Employee benefits include; medical, dental, and optional vision insurance coverage as well as payment into the state employees’ retirement plan (PERSI).
Email resume and cover letter to Jeneille Branen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Palouse Prairie Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.