Special Education Teacher
- Idaho Falls School District
- Idaho Falls, ID
- CATEGORY: General Special Education
TITLE: Special Education Teacher
- Valid Idaho Exceptional Child Certificate endorsed for the appropriate levels and areas.
- Highly qualified to teach special education.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and transfer students weighing up to 200 pounds with the assistance of appropriate equipment.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable. REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement. To assist students with disabilities, which meet federal and state criteria for placement in special education, in achieving individualized and general education curriculum goals and objectives as determined by the IEP.
- Displays content knowledge and makes connection between content and other parts of the discipline.
- Reflects understanding of current research and best pedagogical practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of special education laws and procedures.
- Develops and implements Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Maintains student compliance files in accordance with federal, state and local procedures.
- Displays thorough understanding of typical developmental characteristics of age group as well as exceptions to general patterns.
- Displays solid understanding of the different approaches to learning that different students display.
- Develops instructional goals that adequately reflect identified individual student needs as determined by evaluation or assessment.
- Uses assessment results to plan for individual and group instruction.
- Displays knowledge of resources and knows how to gain access to enhance student learning.
- Designs learning activities, which are suitable to students' IEP goals.
- Interacts with students in a polite, caring and respectful manner.
- Conveys genuine enthusiasm for subject and students.
- Supervises paraprofessionals and volunteers.
- Responds to student misbehavior appropriately and successfully.
- Demonstrates clear and accurate oral and written communication.
- Engages students in learning.
- Persists in seeking instructional approaches for students who have difficulty learning.
- Makes accurate assessments of instructional effectiveness.
- Monitors student progress toward achievement of instructional goals.
- Communicates with students and parents about student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains and submits data for Medicaid billing as requested.
- Moves, lifts and positions students as required.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher and the Idaho Code of Ethics. TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the District and budget constraints.Benefits will be in accordance with approved board policy. Salary will be in accordance with the placement on the Teacher's Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education. EVALUATION:
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.