Speech and Language Pathologist 2021-2022 - Full-time
- Idaho Falls School District
- Idaho Falls, ID
- CATEGORY: Speech/Language Pathologist
TITLE: Speech and Language Pathologist
- Valid Idaho Pupil Personnel Services Certificate with Speech Language Pathologist endorsement.
- Valid Idaho driver's license.
- Must have own transportation. Mileage will be reimbursed by the district.
- Ability to work with students, staff, parents, and the public.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Building Administrator
To support the delivery of School District 91's written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
To identify and provide therapy to students with speech or language impairments so that the student may benefit from a free and appropriate public education.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of assessment and remediation of speech and language disorders.
- Identifies and refers students for related services.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and understanding of special education laws and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or participates in IEP Team meetings.
- Maintains student compliance files in accordance with federal, state and local procedures.
- Develops and implements specific, reasonable, and necessary treatment plans based on individual needs.
- Maintains a uniform and effective data collection system for evaluating student performance.
- Interprets and integrates evaluation results to make appropriate diagnosis and recommendations.
- Develops and implements Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
- Develops appropriate goals and objectives for speech and language therapy.
- Writes required reports clearly and concisely.
- Utilizes direct therapy time efficiently, have a clearly evident objective for each session.
- Communicates effectively in IEP Team meetings, conferences and other meetings.
- Collaborates with other professionals in matters relevant to student services.
- Administers audiometric screening and makes appropriate referrals.
- Communicates with students, parents and staff about student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains and submits data for Medicaid billing.
- Seeks out opportunities for professional growth.
- Maintains high standards of ethical behavior and confidentiality of student information.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of a teacher and the Idaho Code of Ethics.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The exact terms of this position will be determined by the needs of the district and budgetary constraints. Benefits will be in accordance with approved board policy. Salary will be in accordance with placement on the Teacher's Salary Schedule commensurate with years of experience and education.
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Building Administrator in accordance with provisions of board policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.