Technology - Enterprise Systems Specialist
- Idaho Falls School District
- Idaho Falls, ID
- CATEGORY: Technology
Title: Enterprise Systems Specialist Qualifications:
- 2-3 Years Database Management or related Information Technology Field (Required).
- 1-2 Years Customer Service (recommended).
- Web/IIS experience is not required, but is preferred.
- Adaptable - the IT and K-12 environments change frequently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Familiarity with SQL queries.
- Ability to be able to extract and manipulate data.
- Microsoft Server Administration (2008, 2012, 2016, etc).
- Knowledge or experience on best practices for server provisioning (including VM environment).
- Familiarity with SQL Server Administration.
- Ability to understand and adopt new technology as needed.
- Ability to review and provide constructive criticism on all documentation for accuracy, proper grammar, and utility.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask, and prioritize projects accordingly.
- Ability to successfully interact with clients and understand the needs of each unique department / organization.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in various climates, motivate and support colleagues and team members.
- Ability to function as part of a goal-oriented team.
- Ability to travel across the district to provide onsite support and training as needed.
- Experience with active directory and other related RSAT tools.
- Superb documentation, writing, and verbal skills.
- COMPTIA A+ certification recommended, but not required.
- Basic network knowledge (routers, switches, TCP/IP, etc).
- Extensive knowledge of computers and various programs such as Microsoft Office, Google Chrome & other popular applications.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently research hardware, software, and database issues as they relate to the applications supported.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports To: Enterprise Systems Coordinator
Job Goals: To support the delivery of School District 91’s written, taught, tested and reported curriculum and contribute to maximizing student achievement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Builds strong and effective relationships with peers, management, customers, and vendor support staff.
Provides exemplary tier 1 support for all enterprise applications as needed using a ticketing system, direct phone calls, and occasional onsite visits.
Troubleshoots basic to complex issues with the district’s enterprise applications.
Maintains the server environment on which enterprise applications are installed on (Windows Patching etc).
Maintains database integrity and stability for all locally installed enterprise applications, and works directly with technical support (internal and external) staff as needed for offsite database issues.
Works with enterprise application vendors technical support to resolve complex application issues, performs enterprise system installations & upgrades, and required maintenance.
Takes ownership of complex enterprise applications technical issues. Identifies, communicates, and utilizes appropriate resources to resolve respective issues.
Works with peers on projects, troubleshooting, and other items as needed.
Documents all materials and information specific to the enterprise applications the department supports within the proper district approved/required documentation applications.
Has regular and predictable attendance. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time position schedule for 8 hours per day, 254 days per year. Benefits will be in accordance with approved Board policy. Wages will be in accordance with the Classified Salary as a Grade 11 – Grade 13 ($19.09 - $22.14 per hour) depending on experience.
This is an "at will" position in that the employer or employee may terminate employment at any time or for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. The "employment at will" policy cannot be changed verbally or in writing, unless the change is specifically authorized in writing and expressly approved by the Board of Trustees of District 91.
VIII. EVALUATION: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Enterprise System Coordinator in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on the evaluation of classified personnel.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Idaho Falls School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.